UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN BIOBANKING AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
Vacant position for a Quality Operations Manager
Title: Special Scientist (Quality Operations Manager)
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 3 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Molecular Medicine Research Center (MMRC) of the University of Cyprus has one opening for a Special Scientist (Quality Operations Manager), to serve as a Quality Operations Manager for Sample and Data Management, funded by the research program: “Center of Excellence – Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank)”, which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
- Development of a comprehensive quality management system for sample and data management of CYBiobank, based on biobank relevant international standards, guidelines and best practices (http://www.bbmri-eric.eu/services/standardisation/).
- Preparation and updates of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees.
- Assistance in and lead management of administrative and operational processes for the development of CY-Biobank.
- Development and implementation of efficient quality assurance and quality control measures for both, sample and data management processes, of the CY-Biobank.
- Coordination and preparation of quality relevant operational developments for the managing director of CY-Biobank.
- Correspondence, preparation of presentations and documents for CY-Biobank.
- Perform audits and determine whether there is need to alter procedures to comply with regulations.
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Completed science degree (MSc or PhD) or comparable degree.
- Good knowledge of quality management systems e.g. ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20387:2018 and other biobank relevant standards (http://www.bbmri-eric.eu/services/standardisation/).
- Previous experience of GDPR and national data protection laws will be an advantage
- Laboratory experience would be beneficial.
- Very good computer skills in the MS Office tools, and willingness to become familiar with document management and data analysis solutions.
- Very good knowledge of English, spoken and written. Knowledge of Greek will be considered as an advantage.
- Professional experience in an academic or laboratory or a Biobank environment will be considered as an advantage.
- Service orientation, sociability and teamwork.
- High load capacity in stress situations and high operational readiness and reliability.
- Independent, structured and careful way of working.
We offer an open and friendly working environment, a responsible job in a dedicated team and a challenging area of responsibility. Comprehensive continuing education offers long-term personal development opportunities.
Terms of employment
The position will be for full-time employment with a 3-year contract and potential for renewal. The monthly employer cost will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €2,800 and €3,500. Employee and employer’s contributions shall be deducted from this amount. There is no provision for 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications (1 page)
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages)
- Contact details for at least two people qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate
- Certificates attesting to the very good knowledge of English language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of an English school/University.
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest until December 15, 2019.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy
The University of Cyprus aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in management positions, and therefore calls for qualified women to apply. With equal qualifications, women are given priority.